This ancient website is in stasis and is being replaced! Please go check out the new hotness at new.mahnamahna.net.
That new site will move here once this old site's content has been completely migrated to the new system. St. Tim taught us in 1998 that Cool URIs Don't Change, and he is still right.
Monday, 16 July 2007
- ITEM: Alphablogger J-Walk goes to Amsterdam, can’t believe all the bikes.
- ITEM: “How To Be Happier By the End of the Day” — not bad, actually.
- ITEM: “Chick flicks?” Sure, they exist, admits Gloria Steinem. But then, so do “prick flicks.” Brilliant!
- ITEM: “Brain Scans Reveal Why Meditation Works” — this is great and all, but I remain convinced that meditation’s power is lessened the moment a scientist starts trying to measure it. (The same goes for the power of prayer.)
- ITEM: Public elementary school students right here in Oakland are receiving mindfulness training. Right on!
© 2016 Matthew Newton, published under a Creative Commons License.