Like many personal blogs of its era, this blog is moribund, a casualty of what we might call "the Facebook effect." However, as of late 2015, two things are clear: (1) The Indie Web is a thing, and (2) the re-decentralization of the web is a thing. So who knows?
2016 2017 (!) could be the year this blog rises from its own ashes. Stay tuned!
Friday, 11 January 2008
- ITEM: James Joyce gets namechecked in this lovely report of snow falling in Baghdad for the first time in living memory.
- ITEM: How to Read The New Yorker in 10 Easy Steps
- ITEM: Best Blogs of 2007 That You (Maybe) Aren’t Reading (this list introduced me to the wonderful bookforum)
- ITEM: I wish this Ask MetaFilter thread on cooking for one were longer, but it’s got some nice ideas.
- ITEM: Answers to the questions Cecil Adams refuses to answer. (Not bad!)
- ITEM: For the geeks: Richard Stallman gets flamed. From the comments: “On the whole, RMS comes off as the most reasonable participant in the discussion. For all his reputation of extremist dogmatism, he’s not the one slinging ad hominems and resorting to hyperbolic fallacies. Indeed, his patience in the face of such is almost eerie.” I would say “zen-like.”
- ITEM: For the geeks #2: Mark Pilgrim switches his parents to Linux. (My parents are scheduled for a similar conversion this year…)