This ancient website is in stasis and is being replaced! Please go check out the new hotness at new.mahnamahna.net.
That new site will move here once this old site's content has been completely migrated to the new system. St. Tim taught us in 1998 that Cool URIs Don't Change, and he is still right.
Friday, 11 January 2008
- ITEM: James Joyce gets namechecked in this lovely report of snow falling in Baghdad for the first time in living memory.
- ITEM: How to Read The New Yorker in 10 Easy Steps
- ITEM: Best Blogs of 2007 That You (Maybe) Aren’t Reading (this list introduced me to the wonderful bookforum)
- ITEM: I wish this Ask MetaFilter thread on cooking for one were longer, but it’s got some nice ideas.
- ITEM: Answers to the questions Cecil Adams refuses to answer. (Not bad!)
- ITEM: For the geeks: Richard Stallman gets flamed. From the comments: “On the whole, RMS comes off as the most reasonable participant in the discussion. For all his reputation of extremist dogmatism, he’s not the one slinging ad hominems and resorting to hyperbolic fallacies. Indeed, his patience in the face of such is almost eerie.” I would say “zen-like.”
- ITEM: For the geeks #2: Mark Pilgrim switches his parents to Linux. (My parents are scheduled for a similar conversion this year…)
© 2016 Matthew Newton, published under a Creative Commons License.